Thursday 5 July 2012

(Almost) Halfway.


"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
I can't believe it has already been a month since I flew into London Heathrow Airport. Before I arrived, I wasn't nervous at all. I thought I could brave this experience just as I had done with college send-off. I remember repeatedly telling myself, "three hours away from home or eight hours away from home, what's the difference? Away is away." However, adjusting to living in London has been the most emotionally-confusing, backwards experience of my life. Not a second has gone by when I'm not thankful to be here in the United Kingdom. I am so completely blessed to have my parents be able ship me off to a foreign country to work an unpaid internship. Especially at my age, experiences like this are not easy to come by, and I know it. 

We grow the most when we are pushed out of our comfort zones, and that is the beauty of feeling uneasy, restless, uncomfortable and alone. It only took two weeks for these unsettling emotions to blow over, and now I feel revived. Having broken yet, another barrier to adulthood, I'm finding out more about who I am and who I can be. I can only thank Him for comforting my soul.

"Where the Lord leads, He provides."

xx elizabeth